This is a 12 week course designed to improve your German and prepare you for the ski or snowboard instructors' exams. It is a very full course with a lot included. Here's what to expect!
- 8 weeks intensive German tuition (09:00 to 12:15 Monday to Thursday) including all lesson materials, at the Deutsch-Institut Tirol, plus the free time programme on Mondays, the social programme on Sundays and Wednesdays, and an evening class on Tuesdays (see timetable in the brochure – click here). Although voluntary, these parts of the programme are important for your total immersion experience, as you have to use the German you’ve learned, in authentic situations.
- All accommodation from Sunday 25 September to Saturday 17 December 2011, in shared rooms with corridor showers, plus breakfast and dinner (except dinner on Sunday evenings).
- 8 weekends glacier skiing/snowboarding (Friday to Sunday). Weeks 1-4 and weeks 6 to 9, will follow the pattern of the “German and Glacier Skiing/snowboarding” timetable (see the brochure). These weekends include three half days' training on the glacier by qualified instructors who’ve passed the exam themselves. They will speak only German to you (except to beginners) and assess your current standard and design a training programme suited to your particular needs, to bring you up to standard in time for the exam.
- In week 5, 1 week travelling around Eastern Europe, tour to include Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Budweis, Bratislava and Salzburg (exact destinations agreed with the group before departure). The total price includes coach transport plus a native German speaking guide, hotel accommodation including breakfast. Not included are the entrance fees to whichever museums you may choose to visit during the free days (see Eastern Europe Week timetable), or lunch and dinner.
- In week 10, 1 whole week skiing/snowboarding in Kaprun.
- In week 11, instruction and preparation for the ski or snowboarder instructors’ course..
- In week 12, the compulsory part of the ski/snowboarder instructors’ course and the exam (1 day).
- Lift passes in Kaprun are included in the price.
- Transport from Kitzbühel to and from the glacier village (Kaprun). There may be small bus fares between the lodgings in Kaprun and the ski lifts.
For further information please email Louise on firstname.lastname@example.org